About soloing concepts for electric bass
This Course is designed to improve your soloing on electric bass by developing your general musicianship, knowledge/application of harmony and your technique through learning musicial content! It is divided into sections with different musical substance to guide you through in a comprehensive step by step fashion. The drum parts of the playalongs have been recorded by the incredible film sessions player Mike Smith, a great opportunity to play along with a world class drummer.
What you will learn from this course
- How to get the most musical knowledge out of the course
- All associated 2 or more octave scales and arpeggios with the chord progression of Autumn Leaves
- A comprehensive explanation of the role of guide tones within chords
- Voice leading to connect chords smoothly
- A substantial phrase library giving you different options of creating solo lines
- Chromatic concepts to enhance your melodic playing
- Rhythmic variations
What is included in soloing concepts for electric bass
- 28 lessons
- 30 downloadable sheet music
- 17 playalongs with world class film session drummer Mike Smith in adjustable tempos
- Lifetime access
- Intermediate to advanced level
- A complimentery 60 minute online consultation/lesson based on course material
- Our 30 day money back guarantee
Introduction - An introduction to soloing concepts for electric bass based on Autumn Leaves
Scales, arpeggios, guide tones - In this section we will look at the scales, arpeggios and guide tones in Autumn Leaves
Solo phrases first 8 bars
Solo phrases last 8 bars
You may also be interested in...
The Major Scale Approach
This course is designed to give a strong grounding to all 12 major keys on both 4 and 5 string electric bass. The course gives an overview of the makeup of the major scale and then takes you in depth to every major key. The material covered provides the gateway to tackle great basslines and solos.
Rhythm & Notation Volume 1
A course to explain and give exercises to improve your rhythm playing and reading. This is volume one taking you from whole notes to eighth notes. As rhythm is a vast subject this is a huge body of work even though we only go "as far" as eighth notes.
Shuffle Bassline and Fills
This lesson shares a great shuffle bassline and takes you through a basic to extended version. Includes a variety of fills to improve your sight reading skills, knowledge of notes over the range of the fingerboard and harmonic understanding. Incidentally, the musical content discussed is great for your technical development as well.