About shifting the major scale
This course is designed to give you a strong grounding in all 12 major keys on both 4 and 5 string electric bass. The course gives you an overview of the structure of the major scale and then takes you in depth to every major key. The material covered provides the gateway to tackle great basslines and solos.
What you will learn from this course
- Learn all 12 major scales
- Develop new fingering principles
- Learn how to shift to bridge the gap between positions
- Improve your technique by learning musical content
- Boost your reading skills while gaining an understanding of music and technique
- Open the gateway to develop great basslines and solos
- Recommended use: personal guidance with Zoltan Dekany through our Bassbooster programme, with course fee discounted
What is included in shifting the major scale
This course contains:
- 27 lessons
- 27 videos (4 hours)
- 25 sheets of accompanying music
- 24 playalong tracks
- Personal contact with a complimentery Bass booster video exchange lesson
- Intermediate level
- Lifetime access
Introduction - An introduction to the major scale
Major Scales - 5 String - Major scales on the 5 string electric bass
Major Scales - 4 String - Major scales on the 4 string electric bass
Summary - Course summary
You may also be interested in...
Shuffle Bassline and Fills
This lesson shares a great shuffle bassline and takes you through a basic to extended version. Includes a variety of fills to improve your sight reading skills, knowledge of notes over the range of the fingerboard and harmonic understanding. Incidentally, the musical content discussed is great for your technical development as well.
Bassguitar Warm Up Exercise
This free lesson will teach you the two most important chords in each key. We break every major key down to it's I and V chord and play them consecutively following the cycle of fifths. This is a great exercise for learning basic harmony (I and V chords in every key), finding notes on the fingerboard, voice leading between V to I progressions, improving technique through musical content and ear trining.